Cornerstone Christian School was started in 2012 by local Christian people who had a strong desire to teach young people the ways of God. We know that God’s instructions are very specific concerning the teaching of His word from one generation to the next. Our goal is to continue that process through the teaching of scripture and through being a living example to any and all who participate in Cornerstone Christian School.
The mission of Cornerstone Christian School is to provide our children and young people the opportunity to receive a well-rounded Biblical education. We strive to work in harmony with parents to maintain an atmosphere that is conducive to growth and maturity. Our goal is to witness the transformation of these young men and women into Godly, caring, influential citizens of the community and beyond.
Our Statement of Faith
The Bible teaches that God is love. We believe everything we are and hope to be flows out of that reality. Once man was created, he chose knowledge over life so God SO LOVED the world, He sent his son Jesus Christ to restore man back to God. In Christ’s ascension, He sent the Holy Spirit to teach us all things. So, faith in the Father God, his son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit is essential to all areas of the Christian life. We adhere to and teach the following:
- The Bible is the eternal and unchangeable word of God. (Ps. 119:89)
- God is love therefore we are to love Him and love one another. (Jn. 4:16)
- To everyone who believes in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, He comes to live inside us by the Holy Spirit. (Acts 17:28)
- All instruction is based on the word of God. All interpretation of the word of God comes thru the teaching of the Holy Spirit. (2 Tim. 3:16)
- We believe in and live by the gospel of Jesus Christ by having faith in the word of God that God is creator and possessor of all things. (Col. 1:16)
- The children are not for the parents but the parents for the children. (2 Cor. 12:14) We believe we are to teach our children a rich heritage that will follow in the generations to come and that we are to leave them an inheritance founded in the principles of Christ. (Pro. 3:22; Acts 2:39)
- We believe in serving, and supporting the local community in whatever capacity we are needed as it pertains to CCS and the Christian life. (Matt. 23:11)
- Cornerstone Christian believes that the Bible prohibits sexual immorality of any type, including, but not limited to pornography, homosexuality, or any other sexual activity outside the marriage of one man and one woman, both being defined as biological from birth, meaning no altering of sexuality from one gender to another is recognized as a God ordained procedure. God created man and then woman. It’s the Law of First Mention. This Holy Institution is sacred and unalterable. (I Cor. 11:12). (1 Cor. 6:9-11; Lev.18:22; 20:13; Mark 10:6-9; Ro. 1:27).